Central Bank of India, Madurai Branch, Announces Job Vacancy for BC Supervisor:
Central Bank of India, Regional Office in Madurai, has recently released a job vacancy for the position of BC (Business Correspondent) Supervisor.
The role is contractual and will be based on a 12-month contract, subject to satisfactory performance reviews.
This article provides detailed information about the eligibility criteria, responsibilities, payment structure, and application process for interested candidates.
Retired Bank Employees:
- Retired officers, including voluntarily retired, from any bank (PSU/RRB/Private Banks/Co-operative Banks) up to the rank of Senior Manager or equivalent may apply.
- Retired clerks and equivalent staff from the Central Bank of India, who have passed JAIIB with a good track record, are eligible.
- Applicants should have at least 3 years of rural banking experience, and the maximum age for entry is 64 years.
- BC supervisors can continue their services until the age of 65.
- The minimum qualification required is graduation with computer knowledge (MS Office, email, Internet, etc.). However, candidates with qualifications like M.Sc. (IT)/BE (IT)/MCA/MBA will be given preference.
- Candidates should be in the age group of 21-45 years at the time of appointment.
- The maximum age for continuation as BC supervisors will be 60 years.
- Candidates must be proficient in the local language and dialect, both in reading and writing.
- Selection preference will be given to candidates from the same state, and candidates from other states will not be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities of BC Supervisor:
- Monitoring: Supervise and monitor the daily activities of assigned BC agents through the BC Dashboard, telephonic calls, online video conferencing, and monthly visits to BC points.
- Target Fixation: Set targets for BC agents and monitor their progress in achieving these targets. Evaluate BC supervisors based on the performance and achievement of various targets by BC agents.
- Financial Inclusion: Ensure availability of banking services in rural, urban, and metro areas, including identified villages, sub-service areas (SSAs), and non-SSAs. Educate BCs about their roles and responsibilities.
- Grievance Redressal: Address customer and BC grievances and provide feedback to the link branch and regional office.
- Village Meetings: Conduct meetings with villagers, communities, and BC points to promote banking services and submit reports to the regional manager.
- Field Visits: Visit allocated villages, SSAs, non-SSAs, and BC points at least once a month. Monitor and control BC activities, ensuring BCs remain active and operational during prescribed working hours.
- Financial Literacy: Conduct financial literacy sessions during visits, educating villagers and communities about banking services.
- Compliance and Coordination: Ensure BCs adhere to bank guidelines, cross-sell bank and third-party products, support recovery efforts, and maintain proper records and displays at BC points.
- Reporting: Submit reports on BC activities, customer feedback, and performance evaluations to the Chief Manager/Officer in charge of Financial Inclusion.
Exciting Job Opportunities: Multiple Vacancies Available Now!
- BC Supervisors will receive a monthly remuneration consisting of fixed and variable components.
- The fixed component ranges from Rs. 12,000/- to Rs. 15,000/- depending on the supervisor’s category (A or B).
- The variable component, based on BC agent scores, can be Rs. 8,000/- to Rs. 10,000/-.
- Conveyance allowance of Rs. 3,000/- to Rs. 4,000/- and mobile/internet charges of Rs. 500/- are provided.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Job Vacancy for BC Supervisor at Central Bank of India, Madurai Branch
Q: What is the job vacancy announced by the Central Bank of India, Madurai Branch?
A: Central Bank of India, Madurai Branch, has announced a job vacancy for the position of BC Supervisor on a contractual basis.
Q: What is the duration of the contract?
A: The contract will initially be for a period of 12 months, subject to a satisfactory annual performance review.
Q: Who is eligible to apply for the position of BC Supervisor?
Retired Bank Employees:
● Retired officers of any bank up to the rank of Senior Manager or equivalent.
● Retired clerks and the equivalent of the Central Bank of India who has passed JAIIB with a good track record.
● All applicants should have a minimum of 3 years of rural banking experience, and the maximum entry age is 64 years. The maximum age for continuation as BC supervisors will be 65 years.
● The minimum qualification required is graduation with computer knowledge (MS Office, email, Internet, etc.).
● Candidates in the age group of 21-45 years at the time of appointment are eligible. The maximum age for continuation as BC supervisors will be 60 years.
Q: Are there any geographical restrictions for candidates?
A: Yes, candidates should be proficient in the local language and dialect, both in reading and writing. Candidates from other states will not be selected under any circumstances.
Q: What is the selection process for BC Supervisor?
A: The selection will be based on an interview process.
Q: What are the roles and responsibilities of a BC Supervisor?
A: The BC Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
● Monitoring the working of BC Agents on a daily basis through BC Dashboard, telephonic calls, online VC meetings, and monthly visits.
● Fixing targets and monitoring the progress of BC Agents.
● Ensuring banking services are available in rural and urban areas.
● Redressing customer and BC grievances.
● Conducting meetings and financial literacy sessions in villages and communities.
● Visiting allocated villages and BC points in the district at least once a month.
● Monitoring and controlling BC activities in coordination with the link branch.
● Ensuring BCs remain active and operational during working hours.
● Promoting cross-selling of bank and third-party products by BCs.
● Conducting field surveys and providing feedback reports.
Q: What are the remuneration and other allowances for BC Supervisors?
A: The remuneration for BC Supervisors consists of both fixed and variable components. The conveyance allowance and mobile/internet charges are also provided. The exact amounts vary depending on the category of BC Supervisor.
Q: How can I apply for the position of BC Supervisor?
A: Interested candidates can submit their applications as per the instructions provided by the Central Bank of India, Madurai Branch.
A person with more than 5 years of experience in the field of news, a very talented writer