Bank of Baroda Job Offer: Financial Literacy Counsellors on Contract Basis:
Are you an experienced banker looking for a new opportunity? Bank of Baroda, a Government of India Enterprise, has announced a great job offer for Financial Literacy Counsellors on a contract basis.
If you have a minimum of 5 years of experience in any nationalized bank, regional rural bank (RRB), private bank, or as a business correspondent or BC coordinator, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary details and guidelines about this job offer.
Bank of Baroda is inviting offline applications from interested candidates to work as Financial Literacy Counsellors. The selected candidates will be appointed on a contract basis in the HISAR district centres in the State of Haryana, preferably from the same district. There is one vacancy available for this position.
Bank of Baroda jobs in 2023
|Bank of Baroda
|Govt Jobs, Bank Jobs
|08th July 2023
|FINANCIAL LITERACY COUNSELLORS
To be eligible for the position of Financial Literacy Counsellor, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an ex-banker in any nationalized bank, RRB, or private bank.
- Alternatively, candidates with 5 years of experience as a business correspondent or BC coordinator can also apply.
- Candidates who have served as an ex-RSETI director/faculty with a minimum of 5 years of experience are also eligible.
- The age of the candidate should not exceed 64 years at the time of application.
Candidates applying for the position should possess the following qualifications:
- A graduate degree from a recognized university.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a postgraduate degree in fields such as Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Social Work.
- Proficiency in the local language is required.
- A flair for teaching and computer knowledge is desirable.
The candidates should have the relevant experience mentioned below:
- Ex-bankers should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in any nationalized bank, RRB, or private bank.
- Candidates with experience in banking or related fields, such as micro-banking financial institutions (MBFCs) or financial literacy services (FLs), are also eligible.
- Business correspondents or BC coordinators should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the respective roles.
- Ex-RSETI directors with a minimum of 3 years of experience or faculty members with a minimum of 5 years of experience are also eligible.
Candidates should be residents of the same district or adjoining district where the vacancy is declared. Proficiency in the local language is essential for effective communication with the target audience.
Interested candidates can submit their applications offline. The last date for submission of the application is 8th July 2023. Applications should be sent to the regional office address mentioned below:
Address: SCO 36-37, SECTOR 13 BANK OF BARODA, HISAR (125501)
Roles and Responsibilities of Financial Literacy Counsellors:
Financial Literacy Counsellors play a crucial role in providing guidance and education to individuals. Their key responsibilities include:
- Conducting day-to-day activities at the Financial Literacy Centers (FLCs) as per RBI guidelines.
- Maintaining an arm’s length relationship with the author banks and refraining from promoting banking products.
- Imparting financial literacy to the public, emphasizing the importance of savings, banking services, and responsible borrowing.
- Providing counselling and debt management services free of cost, ensuring no additional burden on individuals seeking assistance.
- Conducting financial literacy camps and awareness programs, especially in rural areas.
- Assisting distressed borrowers and guiding them towards effective financial management.
- Creating awareness about various government schemes and digital banking services.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Financial Literacy Counsellors will receive a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 18,000 per month. Additionally, they are eligible for a reimbursement of up to Rs. 5,000 for conveyance expenses, based on the number of meetings or camps conducted.
More Jobs List:
frequently asked questions (FAQs
Certainly! Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the job offer for Financial Literacy Counsellors on a contract basis at Bank of Baroda:
What is the role of a Financial Literacy Counsellor?
Financial Literacy Counsellors are responsible for providing guidance and assistance to the public in areas related to finance, banking services, debt management, and financial literacy.
They conduct awareness programs, counselling sessions, and educational activities to promote financial knowledge and responsible financial behaviour.
What are the eligibility criteria for this position?
The eligibility criteria for the position of Financial Literacy Counsellor at Bank of Baroda include having a graduate degree from a recognized university, proficiency in the local language of the district, teaching and basic computer skills, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in banking, finance, insurance, investment, or related fields.
Can candidates from any field apply for this position?
While candidates from any field can apply, preference will be given to those with post-graduate degrees in fields such as Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Social work. Candidates with relevant experience in banking, as Business Correspondents, BC Coordinators, Ex RSETI Directors, or Faculty are also eligible to apply.
Is the position of Financial Literacy Counsellor on a contract basis?
Yes, the position of Financial Literacy Counsellor is offered on a contract basis. Selected candidates will be appointed for a specific duration as per the terms and conditions of the contract.
What is the remuneration for Financial Literacy Counsellors?
Financial Literacy Counsellors will receive a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 18,000 per month.
Will Financial Literacy Counsellors receive any additional benefits?
Financial Literacy Counsellors may be eligible for reimbursement of up to Rs. 5,000 for conveyance expenses, based on the number of meetings or camps conducted.
How can I apply for the position of Financial Literacy Counsellor?
Interested candidates can apply offline by following the application procedure mentioned in the official job advertisement.
They need to submit the required documents and application form to the designated address within the specified timeline.
What are the responsibilities of Financial Literacy Counsellors?
The responsibilities of Financial Literacy Counsellors include conducting activities at the Financial Literacy Centers (FLCs), providing financial literacy education, counselling individuals on debt management, organizing awareness programs, assisting distressed borrowers, and creating awareness about government schemes and digital banking services.
Please note that these FAQs are provided for informational purposes only, and it is recommended to refer to the official job advertisement and contact the Bank of Baroda for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the job offer and application process.
A person with more than 5 years of experience in the field of news, a very talented writer.